Wednesday, March 13, 2013

At last...Edwin Thomas Oakley's Baptism!!!!



At last....the document that I have waited years to feast my eyes upon....the baptism entry of my great-great grandfather, Edwin Thomas Oakley! The fabulous  Findmypast site has been the first to place online the registers of St. Margaret's, Westminster, and finally I was able to see Edwin's baptism. I had been hoping for a notation of his actual birth date, but the fact that it hasn't been recorded only dampens my enthusiasm a little.

   The entry tells us that in April of 1837, John and Jane Oakley and their young family were still residing in Parliament Street, prior to their later removal to Piccadilly when John entered into partnership with several others as 'Fortnum, Mason & Co".

  I'm off now to see if I can track down any more Oakley baptisms...

No comments:

Post a Comment